Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Locomike

Could Deep Meditation Be Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming

2 posts in this topic

When i go into deep meditation and  i am very still while seating up ignoring every itch and signals my body is sending to check if i am awake or not. Could this deep meditation actually be wake induced lucid dreaming that is happening to me?

Yes, some of the most amazing meditative states I've entered were lucid dreams.

When I do an sds for longer than 2hrs I sometimes can enter a state where my mental images are very realistic. I'm talking like 4k HD video as opposed to this horrible 8bit mental imagery that I normally have.

I tried to enter that state and then sketch faces but I lost the clarity within 1 minute of opening my eyes. Indicating dreaming.

I did my first vipassana retreat a few weeks ago and I had a lucid dream at the end of a day. In the meditation hall all men and women are kept separate and there is a male and female teacher at the head of the room. I entered a dream where I thought I was attending the teachers wedding and all the guys were on the grooms side and all the women were on the brides side. I was completely aware, sitting in perfect posture but I was clearly dreaming. It was funny when I "woke up".

These are just states though, I don't think they have much to do with enlightenment.

Edited by Mutupo