chudders

Happiness Anxiety- What does it mean?

2 posts in this topic

Been a long time since I've posted on this forum, the inner work has been going very well and I feel as though i am no longer in such a neurotic state, which feels like a miracle in itself lol, i have gained a lot of clarity and began addressing my issues which I later discovered trauma etc. Regardless of all that, I've noticed that strong feelings of happiness, excitement, or anything related to looking forward to something in a positive way instantly seems to trigger panic and that obviously kills the positive mood and I'm left feeling very confused. I wonder if its my brain being too nervous to stop thinking about anxiety, in other words, genuine happiness has been absent for the most part for such a long time that it doesn't trust it to be safe right now.  It would make sense because with the trauma, ever since it started I've noticed myself becoming more and more detached from people, and putting on a mask so to speak, emotionally, and perhaps I've taught my mind to see that as real happy emotions, essentially I feel like I'm teaching myself to properly feel these emotions again. So I guess my question is, has anyone else gone through something like this? And is my theory a legitimate 'cause' that can happen?  Thanks :) 

Try to find what exactly is the problem, what thoughts, memories, images create your anxiety. It’s much easier to fix it when you know exactly what is happening. We’re all different, it’s really hard to give a general advice.

I have an opinion on everything :D