Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AmarSG1

Overcoming intrusive thoughts by enlightenment

1 post in this topic

Hi, I have been on this 'path' for over 5 years but only got very serious about it 2 years ago. Lately, I have been having big breakthroughs and I have come to the realization of my Self. Some days I can remain in this state for hours, usually after long stints of meditation. I realize now my Self is always shining, it's so obvious.

My issue is that I have suffered from OCD intrusive thoughts/anxiety for many years. That was the main reason I got into spirituality, to end the suffering I have endured.

This 'pattern' which creates these unwanted thoughts, sometimes feels unstoppable. Some of these thoughts are horrific. They have so much momentum and even though I have made so much progress, some days I just get lost in these thoughts. I suffered from these for most of my life since I was 4-5 years old, growing up in a fearful environment and being sensitive.

Has anyone overcome intrusive thoughts? I know this pattern must be wired into my mind and deep into my body, I have tried alot of techniques and let go off alot of dysfunction. But this pattern is too strong. Is it a matter of time and consistently working to overcome it?