SaynotoKlaus

How To Make My Life Purpose Real

34 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

vigi a self realized being lives in the moment, now i ask you how can you live in the moment and be in the future at the same time :)

7 hours ago, Vigi said:

vigi i didn't ask you for a video or someone else's quote, I'm asking you.

2 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

vigi i didn't ask you for a video or someone else's quote, I'm asking you.

If I understood your perspective, it's that:

Unenlightened person: Can grasp concepts

Enlightened person: Can not grasp concepts

My perspective is:

Unenlightened person: Can grasp concepts and gets easily lost in them by becoming personally identified with them. They can project past/future events/facts in their mind so that they become real to them. It causes a real emotional reaction like anxiety or excitement. The focus on the present moment is completely lost and they are living in a distorted reality created by their thinking mind.

Example: The boss tells the unenlightened person that they need to have an important personal meeting at 3 o'clock. The unenlightened person starts thinking that it might be because he/she will be fired because of a thing that happen or this or that... This causes anxiety and the person cannot perform his/hers work like he/she did before the boss informed about the meeting.

Enlightened person: Can grasp concepts but does not get personally identified with them. They can understand the concept of that for instance a certain event will take place at a certain time. However, they do not project what might happen, causing them to feel anxiety or excitement. They are examining the concept in a state of presence.

Example: The boss tells the enlightened person that they need to have an important personal meeting at 3 o'clock. The enlightened person first writes it down in his/hers calendar. Then he/she thinks whether or not he/she needs to prepare for the meeting. Since no further information was given by the boss apart from the time, he/she decided that nothing more needs the be done and he/she continues to work just like before the boss informed about the meeting, completely present to the moment.

Disclaimer 1: In the examples, I do obviously not state that every enlightened/unenlightened will react in that exact manner. I have no idea how a person will react in a certain situation. That is not important. The only purpose is to make the core of the idea more clear. The examples can be modified in a lot of different ways, still conveying the same core.

Disclaimer 2: I do not say that all unenlightened persons always reacts bad. I do not mean to judge an enlightened/unenlightened person either as good or bad. I'm unenlightened myself.

I'm excited to hear where in the core of my perspective you do not disagree, so that I can broaden my perspective. :) 

4 hours ago, Vigi said:

My perspective is:

Unenlightened person: Can grasp concepts and gets easily lost in them by becoming personally identified with them. They can project past/future events/facts in their mind so that they become real to them. It causes a real emotional reaction like anxiety or excitement. The focus on the present moment is completely lost and they are living in a distorted reality created by their thinking mind.

Example: The boss tells the unenlightened person that they need to have an important personal meeting at 3 o'clock. The unenlightened person starts thinking that it might be because he/she will be fired because of a thing that happen or this or that... This causes anxiety and the person cannot perform his/hers work like he/she did before the boss informed about the meeting.

Enlightened person: Can grasp concepts but does not get personally identified with them. They can understand the concept of that for instance a certain event will take place at a certain time. However, they do not project what might happen, causing them to feel anxiety or excitement. They are examining the concept in a state of presence.

Example: The boss tells the enlightened person that they need to have an important personal meeting at 3 o'clock. The enlightened person first writes it down in his/hers calendar. Then he/she thinks whether or not he/she needs to prepare for the meeting. Since no further information was given by the boss apart from the time, he/she decided that nothing more needs the be done and he/she continues to work just like before the boss informed about the meeting, completely present to the moment.

Disclaimer 1: In the examples, I do obviously not state that every enlightened/unenlightened will react in that exact manner. I have no idea how a person will react in a certain situation. That is not important. The only purpose is to make the core of the idea more clear. The examples can be modified in a lot of different ways, still conveying the same core.

Disclaimer 2: I do not say that all unenlightened persons always reacts bad. I do not mean to judge an enlightened/unenlightened person either as good or bad. I'm unenlightened myself.

I'm excited to hear where in the core of my perspective you do not disagree, so that I can broaden my perspective. :) 

you said: 

I didn't say anything about concepts

:) I ask you how you could be in the moment of life and be in the future at the same time, but you keep giving me this thing about keeping an appointment.  come on you have to stop avoiding the question if you are going to broaden your perspective.  :)

7 hours ago, Vigi said:

My I'm excited to hear where in the core of my perspective you do not disagree, so that I can broaden my perspective. :)

I understand this was directed at Charlie but wish to share a perspective. 

Human development has given birth to the ability to create, manifest & hold concepts, ideas, thoughts, ect. Wether you are enlightened or not we all hold such ability, quite a useful tool for these biological entities to inhabit! 

So yes, we all have this ability, it will function, it will happen. What we seek is awareness to see them as they are, not as we hold them to be. 

10 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

you said: 

I didn't say anything about concepts

:) I ask you how you could be in the moment of life and be in the future at the same time, but you keep giving me this thing about keeping an appointment.  come on you have to stop avoiding the question if you are going to broaden your perspective.  :)

You said: "I ask you how you could be in the moment of life and be in the future at the same time". The example below is an example of that:

15 hours ago, Vigi said:

Another way that you formulated the question is in the underlined part in this quote:

On 18 maj 2016 at 3:49 PM, charlie2dogs said:

For the self realized being, there is no future, no past, no identity, so where does this life purpose question fit in then.  It doesn't, as a self realized being one is functioning in the moment of life, without thoughts of future or past, and living what life brings before the consciousness as the observer of events, one at that point functions in a conscious, aware, present state of being. 

So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?

So, you said "So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?"

Now, my example above is an example that I think is very related to how a being can be "planning for the future", while "the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life".

However, my example still is about "keeping an appointment", which is not exactly the words you use. You used the word "planning". So, to make it more clear I'm going to reformulate the following question, and answer it by using the word "planning":

"So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?"

To the following question:

"If the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it plan for the future?"

My answer is the following example:

Example: An enlightened person works at his/her job, while being present to the moment, when the boss approaches him/her. The boss makes a plan for the future with the enlightened person. The enlightened person first writes the plan down in his/hers calendar. Then he/she thinks whether or not he/she needs to prepare for the event that the boss planned. Since no further information was given by the boss apart from the time and location, he/she decided that nothing more needs the be done and he/she continues to work just like before the boss informed about the meeting, completely present to the moment.

8 hours ago, Kenya said:

I understand this was directed at Charlie but wish to share a perspective. 

Human development has given birth to the ability to create, manifest & hold concepts, ideas, thoughts, ect. Wether you are enlightened or not we all hold such ability, quite a useful tool for these biological entities to inhabit! 

So yes, we all have this ability, it will function, it will happen. What we seek is awareness to see them as they are, not as we hold them to be. 

Yes, this is my current perspective as well. :)

Edited by Vigi

3 hours ago, Vigi said:

You said: "I ask you how you could be in the moment of life and be in the future at the same time". The example below is an example of that:

Another way that you formulated the question is in the underlined part in this quote:

So, you said "So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?"

Now, my example above is an example that I think is very related to how a being can be "planning for the future", while "the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life".

However, my example still is about "keeping an appointment", which is not exactly the words you use. You used the word "planning". So, to make it more clear I'm going to reformulate the following question, and answer it by using the word "planning":

"So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?"

To the following question:

"If the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it plan for the future?"

My answer is the following example:

Example: An enlightened person works at his/her job, while being present to the moment, when the boss approaches him/her. The boss makes a plan for the future with the enlightened person. The enlightened person first writes the plan down in his/hers calendar. Then he/she thinks whether or not he/she needs to prepare for the event that the boss planned. Since no further information was given by the boss apart from the time and location, he/she decided that nothing more needs the be done and he/she continues to work just like before the boss informed about the meeting, completely present to the moment.

Yes, this is my current perspective as well. :)

vigi, you said that I said:

So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?

That wasn't what i said, i said:   how can you be in the moment of life and be in the future at the same time.

you said: then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?

in all these texts you have yet to answer my question, do you realize that.

you know the answer, but you cant say it :) because it will leave you in a quandary that you can't explain.  :)

40 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

vigi, you said that I said:

That wasn't what i said, i said:   how can you be in the moment of life and be in the future at the same time.

The underlined part is a quote from your post that you posted in this thread this Wednesday at 3:49 PM, which is also the statement that I did not agree on. The bold statement in therefore not true, and it can be verified. It is true that you have also stated the italic statement, this can also be verified.

40 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

you said: then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?

Clarification: This is my reformulation of your question.

47 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

in all these texts you have yet to answer my question, do you realize that.

you know the answer, but you cant say it :) because it will leave you in a quandary that you can't explain.  :)

That is true. :) Words are symbols/generalizations and I can never convey the exact thought in my mind. I'm only able to point in the direction of my though, not show the true nature of my thought through words.

@Vigi @charlie2dogs

Hi to you both...

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. 

Vigi, when Charlie speaks of "you" he is not talking directly to what you "believe" your current identity to be: "Vigi the individual entity encased inside a psychophysical structure that we call the "human being"...

1 hour ago, Vigi said:

The underlined part is a quote from your post that you posted in this thread this Wednesday at 3:49 PM, which is also the statement that I did not agree on. The bold statement in therefore not true, and it can be verified. It is true that you have also stated the italic statement, this can also be verified.

Clarification: This is my reformulation of your question.

That is true. :) Words are symbols/generalizations and I can never convey the exact thought in my mind. I'm only able to point in the direction of my though, not show the true nature of my thought through words.

i like you vigi you doing your best to present a challenge to me, but still no answer to the question, so i will answer it for you now.

No you cannot experience the moment of life and be in the future or the past because neither exist in that moment.

20 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

i like you vigi you doing your best to present a challenge to me, but still no answer to the question, so i will answer it for you now.

No you cannot experience the moment of life and be in the future or the past because neither exist in that moment.

functioning in the future or the past can only be done by the human identity.

52 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

30 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

functioning in the future or the past can only be done by the human identity.

I resonate with those statements. :) However, it only scratches the surface of the question.

Edit: @charlie2dogs Are you enlightened?

2 hours ago, Mal said:

@Vigi @charlie2dogs

Hi to you both...

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. 

Vigi, when Charlie speaks of "you" he is not talking directly to what you "believe" your current identity to be: "Vigi the individual entity encased inside a psychophysical structure that we call the "human being"...

Hello Mal! :D

Yes. :)

Edited by Vigi

44 minutes ago, Vigi said:

I resonate with those statements. :) However, it only scratches the surface of the question.

Edit: @charlie2dogs Are you enlightened?

Hello Mal! :D

Yes. :)

I am self realized, I prefer self realized to the terminology of enlightenment.  There are way too many misconceptions about enlightenment, and it is used by too many wannabe gurus who have no idea what the process is really about or what the state of being is, most of the chatter about it is just newageism.

1 hour ago, charlie2dogs said:

I am self realized, I prefer self realized to the terminology of enlightenment.  There are way too many misconceptions about enlightenment, and it is used by too many wannabe gurus who have no idea what the process is really about or what the state of being is, most of the chatter about it is just newageism.

I see.