iamnotahumanbeing

Regression of spiritual progress due to more meditation and learning??

1 post in this topic

As I write, I’m at the very end of a four day trip I took to spend some time with myself in the country. 

This wasn’t as hardcore as Leo’s solo meditation retreats are, as I did need to set a few hours aside per day to work, and I only meditated for two hours each day.  Amongst this, was contemplation and Leo videos.

Day 1 and 2 was enjoyable and pretty jam-packed with some good meditation and Leo content (I did ‘What is god? Part 1’, amongst others).

On day 3, however, it was all over. No longer could I access any sort of ‘spiritual thinking’. I observed my mind become very sceptical, as it rebutted anything spiritual, with rational thought adhering very much to the materialist paradigm.

It was like, all of a sudden, all my spiritual personal development had been taken away, and suddenly I was an ignorant idiot that couldn’t understand anything other than what was perceived by basic human senses.  It felt like an actual regression rather than a lack of progress. 

My mind couldn’t fathom there being anything other than the material physical world - something I’ve not had troubles with in the past.

Is this ego backlash? 

Has anyone else experienced this before? 

Is this normal, not normal?

Will my awareness come back? 

(Okay, there are several questions here, but feel free to answer just one :D)

Edited by iamnotahumanbeing