caelanb

Alan Watts

25 posts in this topic

@Luka Tepic I actually think Leo made a video a long time ago about something like what you're talking about, one of his enlightenment ones explaining how you can become enlightened and still have many problems in your real life. I think it was this one, 'Becoming A Zen Devil - The Dangers Of Half-Assing Enlightenment'. He says something like "just because you discover the Truth, or have a glimpse of it does not mean you can just forget about all the problems you have in your life". This can be applied to anything, such depression.

:D

@caelanb exactly! But this is why I wouldn’t call this enlightenment. Because enlightenment in my opinion is more like a transformation of your entire world view and not simply realizing certain aspects of it. But it is a whole.

I see. It's a very abstract thing isn't it. So, you consider full enlightenment is the complete embodiment of the Truth and allowing that to impact every aspect of your life, resulting in you not only 'knowing' the Truth, but being it.

Edited by caelanb

:D