Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sano

Projects Over Education & Please Advise Me In Management.

1 post in this topic

Hello, I'm a 20 years old computer science student, I'm not independent, yet but like many, I got ideas and I make them become a reality which could allow freedom, those ideas could be programs, games and maybe in the future, some product that could serve people, I just write my ideas on a notebook and read them later once I have a clearer vision in mind about them.

Advise in management: From what you can tell, I got a game project in mind and I created the structure, as in mechanics in game and story, the reason why I'm saying "I" a lot is because I had a team but I wasn't that good leader and most of the members had a PhD in procrastination so even with all the efforts I gave to clear the vision for them, it was not enough, I'm sure it's not about the money though, since all of them were my friends and I'm broke anyway, I did indeed some management mistakes but that doesn't mean that they do nothing the whole time! I give a task for someone and that person procrastinate about it for a week or two and fear to tell me that he or she doesn't know how to do it and then I end up doing it by myself, now I left the team instead of kicking everyone and I have an artist as a partner but I don't want to do the same mistakes again, so can I have an advice?

Projects over education: I just don't get why everyone is forcing me to believe that having a bachelor degree will be my savior, that if I didn't have it, I'm doomed, I'm not going to accept working for anybody, I might work with someone but never for someone, so that's why I really don't care about it because it doesn't teach me how to live and how to succeed, what I believe in is since I'm a programmer and a games creator, is creating amazing games, advertising them and once one of them succeeds, I'll invest into more successes and here we go, a different life, not only to me but everyone around me, so do I really need to have this useless bachelor degree? I'm from Jordan by the way, god bless being an Arabic person.

Edited by Sano