Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matiyos

Using lucid dreaming for personal development?

2 posts in this topic

Hello, first I'll briefly describe what lucid dreaming is for those who might read this topic in the future, because from my own experiance I know that lot of people are unaware of anything like this exisiting in a first place. 

Basicly lucid dream is a dream in which person sleeping is aware that he/she is dreaming, which allows that person to control the circumstances and events happening in the dream. It can be achived by using certain relativly simple techniques .

After this long entry here comes my question which I direct ideally to people who have lot of experiance with lucid dreaming. :P

Could you use lucid dreaming for personal development or perhaps seek enlightment with real effects affecting you when you wake up? For example, lately as I got commited to self development, I've been reading and watching videos about affirmations and how important they are. I was wondering if I could use lucid dreaming to save some time during the day and reach the same effects of using affirmations during lucid dream as I would using them awake? 

It seems to me that it could have lot of potential in self development. The problem is that I've been engaged in training lucid dreaming for very short period in my past and I just recently recalled that it's a possibilty, so for now I only have lucid dreams every now and then and I wake up quickly after realizing that I'm dreaming. If there is anyone who has lucid dreams every night maybe you woulld be interested in trying this out and sharing the results with us :) Or maybe there is a person that already knows the answer to my question.

In my journey I've found lucid dreaming comes more often the more aware I am before falling asleep. I recognize instantly that I am a character in another story and not the ego I was when awake and enjoy remembering and participating in those dreams while they last.

That being said from a self development stand point I find lucid dreaming to be akin to masturbation. You're pretty much entering a state of being god and controlling the world around you and not really paying attention to the self inquiry anymore. The only way which lucid dreaming has really helped me is I can then become aware of why I pushed the dream in one direction or the other, and thus become more and more aware of the ego at play even in sleep. Thus allowing more hours of personal development per day.