Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkrOzz

Mental/conceptual gym and some questions

1 post in this topic

Hello! 

First, thank you Leo for sharing the work and insights, I find your content great and helpful.

Today when i was in bathroom :) one idea came to my mind. A kind of an analogy. Somehow I came to realization that Leo's style of explaining many concepts, mental images etc. is a sort of mind training. Using the muscles make muscles stronger. Doing exercises. Trying different coordination techniques as dancing, some sport. It all makes a person more stronger and powerful physically.

Their spectrum of body movement and physical possibilities would broaden. There is specialization(some olympic disciplines as trowing discs) and there are more general athletes - doing wide range of exercises for overall athletic abilities. It improves competence for doing physical stuff. If you just lie on a bed your muscles would become weaker,  they would atrophy,  and you would have more difficult life - which would result in neurotic conditions.

I have a medical condition called spinal muscular atrophy - and i find it great that i have a chance of becoming more powerful by training my mind to use many concepts. Neurons in the brain are a sort of muscles too. Using more of them makes them stronger. And i guess the statement "knowledge is power" is about that. It broadens your possibilities. You manipulate a little bit more of the reality. You have similar benefits as you would be physically stronger. Ideally, of course is better to have both if neuroticism and weakness is considered bad. 

I am guessing people who look for self help have in some sense atrophied minds.

Leo's sharing insights is broadening our minds.

I see science as a tool to broaden concepts even further. We are limited to our senses. In science we can use some machine to collect some hidden information from reality. Result is more concepts. More power. More competence.
A person with 20 concepts can outsmart, outplay, sell more to the person with 13 concepts. Chess is a good example. ... I could write about this till tomorrow.

One question... many of us will become old and weak. Losing neurons too. Can we avoid neurotic behavior in that age, being mindfull etc? Reducing the suffering? 

Opening 3-4 topics today seems like spam. So i would type few more offtopic questions.

If the reality is consciousness - does reality have an ego too?
Philosophical view Idealism its pretty similar view btw.

On duality - non duality... 
Einsteins theory of relativity reminded me of the concept spacetime . Could we potentially call nonduality and reality -> matterconsciousness or consciousnessmatter? 
I think about a sine wave curve ,  amplitudes give the illusion of duality, but there is just The line.

Edited by SkrOzz