Reply to Spiritual Autolysis

jjer94
By jjer94,
Yes, SA helped me boatloads with destroying several hidden beliefs I normally didn't find during sitting contemplation work.  Because nothing you write is true, you expose all of your bull---- by writing what you think is true. Then, you can dissect why you think it is true, and you'll end up with a baseline assumption. The answers you're looking for are not the answers to any questions you have about reality; they are what's left after you destroy the question.  A spin-off of SA that helped me was playing my own invented game called 'Spot the Assumption!' Here's how it works: -Write down any question you have about reality, or any statement you think is true.  -Look within the question/statement for the assumption. There is always at least one. -Examine that assumption, and see if it sits on top of any other assumptions. -Eventually, you'll hit a baseline assumption. Examine it enough, and it will disappear as if it never was.  Here's a classic example: Question: What is the meaning of life? Assumption: Life has meaning. What is meaning? It's an interpretation we place onto what's actually there. What is an interpretation? It's a concept. What's a concept? A mental construct. Where is the reality of the mental construct? In the mind. What is the mind? Thought sensations. What's actually there are thought sensations. The gravitational pull of certain thought sensations over others is meaning. But thoughts are just thoughts; they're just there. The meaning itself is non-existent. Meaning is an illusion. Like the content of a movie, when there's only just light on a screen. You can go on and on with these inquiries. Just ask any deep question you have about life and figure out why the question has no validity, or write a statement you think is true, and figure out why it's not.  Hope that helps!