Spiritual Autolysis

aurum
By aurum in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
So my favorite book on Enlightenment has been Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damndest Thing by Jed McKenna. In it he describes a technique for reaching Enlightenment called "spiritual autolysis". To quote the book:   "Here's all you need to know to become enlightened: Sit down,
shut up,
and ask yourself what's true until you know. That's it. That's the whole deal - a complete teaching of enlightenment, a complete practice. If you ever have any questions or problems - no matter what the question or problem is - the answer is always exactly the same: Sit down, shut up, and ask yourself what's true until you know."   He goes onto explain that therefore the process of Spiritual Autolysis is to attempt to write the Truth. Pick any belief you have, write it down, and then rewrite it in till it's True. Not truthish, but True. I've been experimenting with this for a little bit and I think it's brilliant. Goes right along with what Leo was saying in "All Humanity's Knowledge" video about destroying you knowledge graph and seeing what's left. Because you'll never be able to write the Truth. Anyone else use this technique? Curious what other people's experiences have been. As much as I like meditation I don't find it direct enough in terms of achieving Enlightenment, although I do still practice it.  
  • 32 replies