Ken Lecoq

Time : Are You Addicted To Your Clock ?

4 posts in this topic

I've just read "the big leap" from Gay Hendricks. In one chapter, he talks about the illusion of time, and the "Einstein time". I  found this topic very interesting, and very usefull actually, because I saw that I was addict to the time, I have to look at a clock or a watch twice an hour or so. It's limitating, but I didn't see it before. He was also talking about doing a "time died", without looking at the time at all. I think it's a very good idea, I might do that, during a 10 days silent retreat alone for example. 

Eckhart tolle talks also about time. Time is a deeply rooted belief. It's a huge barrier on our path toward the discoery of the truth. 

You might want to do a video about time, Leo. 

Great idea! I'm too really interested on this topic! I currently use a tool to manage my time but I'm sure that in the future I will "transcend it" to a more "self actualised" tool, like the Einstein Time prospective... Still my plan is just use it until I will realise that it's useless... but ideas from Leo could really help us to make that big leap in a such essential topic. 

@Ken Lecoq what is your currently tool/technique to manage your time right now? Do you have some daily plan? Personally I spend almost 20 min every day planning my next day with an Excel sheet that I've create for myself... let me know! :) Again nice idea! 

@Ray

Well, I'm quite stuck within this common illusion of time right now. I'm gonna do this 10 days retreat next summer. 

What you are doing with the Excel sheet is great. I don't really have some daily plans. Sometimes, during the evening, I write down all the stuff that I wan't to do the next day, but I don't do everything, because I usally plan too many things. 

Usually, I let the flow of life guide me, and I do and learn about what I'm most interested about (I'm an autonomus student, and I learn about personal devloppment, spirituality, energetic healing, nutrition, and more).

But time is definitely a big barrier on the path of enlightenment. For me, it's instinctive. I need to know the time when I wake uo, when I go to sleep, and 20 or 30 times throught the day. it's an addiction. A 10 days silent retreat alone could really help, for sure. 

Nice day ;)

Edited by Ken Lecoq

I haven't read that Time article yet but I do think that it's better to build an internal clock than rely on anything else. Some say alarm clocks are bad too.

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle