Pelin

Daily Musings

10 posts in this topic

So, I'll post here my musings, things that inspired me, things that keep popping into my head. 

Yesterday in the office we were talking about a woman who starts to speak Russian after a coma (her mother tongue is Turkish) and she'd never been exposed to Russian in her life. I told my friends that I think we have  collective consciousness hidden in our cells, we keep cycling and recycling  and we actually know everything collected in our consciousness. They rolled their eyes, not rudely but I guess they did not really understand. I guess sometimes you need to just shut up. That I can't do sometimes. So sharing here with nonjudgmental people seemed like a better idea. Prepare for some weirdness. :)

I've realized and experienced that, whatever path you take, you need to be consistent and you need to keep to your standards. People who live by standards become freer actually, because these standards help them to say no more easily. When you don't have any standards, you just live your life like everybody else, and it's pretty lame. These standards can be about food, shopping, exercise, books, meditation, anything. Building a healthy habit is more important than most things.

When I'm listening to an old song or watch an old film, I feel that I get the clues of enlightenment that I didn't get before. I think the high quality art has layers and it has something to offer for everyone. When I am more open I can get deeper.

I watched the TV series the OA and loved it. Also felt the layers there. This quote, among many others, is very powerful:

Prairie: You spend a lot of time on the visible you. It’s impressive. But she probably thinks the invisible you is missing. 

We need to invest a lot in our invisible self. 

sometimes you feel something is obviously hilarious yet no one appreciates it. 

after watching leo's last video, I thought (yes, with my mind) enlightenment is like a good joke. either you get it or you don't. it's so obvious you can't even make people/yourself see it. 

Doing what you love and being what you love:

We focus too much on what we do, even how we do them. What we really need to focus on is what we are and what we become. 

TV has some really good stuff sometimes. Yesterday on a discussion about "human's search for meaning" I came upon an evolutionary biologist who shares really deep stuff. He basically says something along the lines of:

We can't see inside the heart so we screen EKGs. During EKG screening, we basically put lots of needles around the heart. Since we can't see the inside, we try to understand from as many angles as possible from the outside.

Reality is like this. We are 7.5 billion people on Earth, we are basically a needle trying to understand something from the outside. One person's perspective is not enough. We need to come together, share and learn from each other to understand reality.

Something to think about.

Happening for the second time this year, my eyes filled with tears when I was driving through cloudy sunset. I like watching the sky and contemplating while cloudgazing, but crying hadn't happened to me before. I was thinking that everything is so transient and next second I started crying. Funny cause I cry so rarely. It felt good.

What does "want" really mean? I'm really content about where I am now, or to put it rightly where I am going, but I don't really "want" something or have goals any more. I am still motivated to read more, learn more, experience more but "wanting more" does not resonate with me any more. It's all like life has everything that I could wish for, and I don't need to work my ass off for meaningless goals. What I get is what I need.

Edited by Pelin

I feel so lucky these days, I am a bit scared. Looking at now and looking back at the past, I can connect the dots and everything was just right to prepare me for now. Many things a day make me smile. That is a bit unfamiliar for me not to worry about things, so I find myself worrying about not worrying about stuff.  I’ll just enjoy myself, starting now.