Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nature

Tell The Truth And Love Everybody

1 post in this topic

Ram Dass said his guru (Neem Karoli Baba) once gave him instructions, to tell the truth, and to love everybody. When I've heard this, I thought, "Yeah, that's nice. I'll try it later".

Today I realized how superficial my interpreting was. It is not about to be a hippie and try to love every son of a bitch you interact with, it is about to be true to yourself (really, really true). And when you are true to yourself, you suddenly realize how much love you have inside you and you stop "fighting" yourself. When your ego finally admits (truly admits) that it is trying to do something to achieve some realization, even though it knows "it is not the way", it drops because you cannot stand the struggle anymore. And then, you become immersed in love because you told the truth. 

You also realize that by lying to others you create untruths in their minds and that may cause conflicts in them, and they cannot find that love because they are immersed in illusions. And then, you begin to tell the truth out of love and compassion with the hope that, one day, other people become free of the untruths they carry inside them so they can experience the same love.  

So, it is not a matter of TRY to love everybody and tell the truth. It is a matter of being real with yourself and with others.