Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Driven

Ready To Be Successful

2 posts in this topic

I want to learn the basis of starting a business such as legal issue, going to investors etc

what books do you recommend and material? i do have a some business knowledge as i am studying economics and their a business module, but i want to learn from the ground, the most basic stuff and build up knowledge from their. I do not have a practical idea yet, but i can feel the success coming.

SUCCESSFUL business is all about providing service.  Service to the customer.   If customers can feel that they are being well-served by a business then they will come back, invest, and even help you promote your business by telling others of the great service they received.

The next point to consider is VALUE.  If your business does not provide value to the customer, the customer will quickly feel that and go elsewhere.  If the kind of business you build is not service and value based then it will not be very successful or it will outright crash.

Many of the richest and most successful entrepreneurs started by learning what business is all about at the "ground level".   That means that they experienced the different phases of business operations.   For example if their business interests were in sales, then they worked in sales, learned all the techniques and experienced how customers behaved, what they liked and wanted and so on.   From this the entrepreneur gets first had knowledge of the building blocks of a successful business.

If finance is the area of interest then first-hand experience in different aspects of finance is most helpful in accurately visualizing  needs, planning etc.

If you learn this stuff only from text books then supplementing it with research of case studies, or actually getting to know business people personally is a great bonus.  If you are thinking of just setting up some shop to make quick profits without providing honest service and value to customers then learning this self-actualization stuff (honest self-development) will show you that if your business is not based on strong ethics, good service and uselful product then you will feel various limitations in your life experience, and the possibility of becoming the best that you can be.

Books can help to point you in the right direction.   They will not do the work that ultimately you must do.   The answers to what you become and what you make of your life are in what you become and make of your life.   No book can do that.   But continue your education.  It is a good place to start.   Ask your teachers.  Presumably they have some experience in the field that they are teaching.

Joy :)

Edited by walt