What Is God? - Part 1

By Leo Gura - February 6, 2019 | 12 Comments

A no-bullshit explanation for smart people

Comments

Puts on mask “Wow leo you just know everything now dont you”

Jimmy Feiling says:

Im very grateful for all this we re all blessed by God to have Leo share with us i wish to play cards with leo. I recognize! Thanks Leo! By the way i have to admit ive had envious hostility against “God” but thats silly! Like beatin myself up lol Could God be a Jap named Rev Koshin Ogui? Absolutely no way and probably but i never met him. I wanna give you gifts leo and a big hug lol and lick your bald head lol

Andrea says:

The web has no weaver

sara says:

just watching the video makes me feel way more conscience than I’d usually be

Tado says:

Great elucidation Leo, as always.

Aussie John says:

Thanks for this amazing exposition Leo. So insightful, so motivating. Was the title…’for smart people’ a deliberate goad? I suspect so, you cunning Zen devil you! Can’t imagine how much hard work goes into producing these monumental works. Really looking forward to Part 2, but in the meantime listening to Part 1 over again. Thanks again mate! Aussie John

Mia says:

Thanks Leo for an interesting and very in-depth explanation.Some indian philosophers also have talked about these things but even though not new, it is interesting to get the ideas presented in a modern and understandable language. However it would be a good thing to have some references to works that you have used as sources. Even though you speak of your own experience there must be some texts/philosophers you have been inspired by.

Ketki says:

I’ve grown up listening to all the philosophy around God, both the idol worship way, and the non-duality way. I have been a theist, an atheist, an agnostic, in different stages of my life, and nothing made true sense. With this explanation however, it all changed. I know now why none of the stands I took about God made any sense to me..
While I have also heard people say most of the stuff said in here, none of those ways seemed as clear, direct and accurate as the way its explained here…I completely relate to how limited and delusional the language or any other means of communication can be. So keeping that in mind, this one is very well expressed, at least in the current times.

Damien says:

Great topic & explanation.

Will you be offering a systematic step-by-step approach for people to follow in order to realize/experience this state for themselves in the future? Something along the lines of your life purpose course but with the sole aim of attaining higher levels of consciousness and awareness?

It’s quite easy to get lost in the countless techniques/methods etc spread over the internet & not really get anywhere or feel like any progress is being made. Apart from the occasional inconsistent breakthrough during a psychedelic experience, I’m still fairly certain I haven’t fully realized the ultimate ground of being yet (despite undergoing ego-dissolution several times)

Justyna says:

Hi Leo, I’m very much enjoying your videos being on my own journey to self-discovery within God. I just thought I’ll mention that the ant analogy might be a bit missed. I know that you have to use these, but why would an ant have less consciousness than me or you? I know that no analogy can work as an example anyway…

Thank you for your work and making things so accessible. I truly admire your curiosity and commitment and hope one day we’ll meet within.

Ashray says:

You remind me of Neale’s Conversations with god.

Lily says:

My curiosity about Life is huge. One of them is about life after death. My frame of thought implanted from social norms links this question to God. Could you help me to clarify this question in the next episode of What is God?