Advanced Tips For Self-Inquiry

By Leo Gura - October 30, 2017 | 10 Comments

Help for people feeling stuck with self-inquiry

Comments
unfolder says:

Jezus Christ, tears in my eyes.
After my 5-meo experience this resonates very deep.
Thank you so much my friend – a great reminder to get my priorities straight.
Nothing but gratitude, this is gold.

Laura says:

Ok, so recently I came to the realization that everything is a dream. However, I can’t reconcile that with other people’s conciousness’. I’ve heard feeling at one with creation and other creatures, but everyone has a separate consciousness or dream, no?
And if its a dream, why don’t we have full control over everything? Is that a possibility?
I’ve been walking around with this underlying thought and its a huge mind fuck. But its unreconciled, y’know? I haven’t shared it with anyone. I just show up to work, and mother my children, but all the while I feel like non of it is real.

You haven’t penetrated the Truth deeply enough yet. You’ve only skimmed the surface of it.

The consciousness of every being who ever lived, and will live, is you right now. In other words, Nothingness. The problem is that you are still attached to your sensory field.

Galyna says:

Leo,
Can you please answer me, this is very important. I try to grasp it for a long time. You have already explained some things to me in other conversations, but please…I still can not grasp it.
So my question is: ” Do other people really exist or they are a part of my consciousness?” In other words: ” when I do not see, smell, hear, feel my husband, does he really exist if not a part of my conscious field?
Please, please please, can you give me the straight answer since I am asking this question for a long time.
So far, since I can not validate other people, feels like they do not exist without me.
“They are as real as I am” – really do not get me anywhere, I know that my ego is illusion, but I can not apply this rule to other people. I do not understand this saying. Really.
So I am not real, okay, ego is illusion, I am a focal point of Consciousness that is not mine. But are there other things when I do not look at them.
so: “yes” or “no”?

Kevin says:

Why does the psyche/ego protect us or keep us from enlightenment? Disreguarding the notion that it is an illusion and wants to seem real.

So that you could be you.

Andrew says:

Serious question, Leo: I’ve been doing these exact personal inquiry sessions (have re-watched your guided inquiry video many times) for over 2 years and can say with certainty that I no longer identify with the body at all, or the mind as a physical thing. However, and here’s where I’m stuck: While I realize that I am NOT a single thought, a single experience or single emotion, I am VERY MUCH stuck on the idea that I am a “conglomeration or complilation of ideas, thoughts, or experiences”. I know you say that “in order to be an experience, feeling etc, you need to be a SINGLE experience” but my rational mind keeps telling me that “Yes, I” can in fact be a collection of all these things in my mind”.- Is there any advice you give as to how I can break free of this cycle of thought and deconstruct my mind, as it seems I am very much connected to my thoughts, experiences etc so much so that I think I AM these things? Is there a way to override my ego’s desire to want to associate with all these things?
Andrew

Right, of course. That just shows you haven’t gone very deep with your inquiry. You’re still just skimming the surface of things. You need to drill down deeper. Or try some meditation techniques. Or psychedelics. Or all 3.

Rebecca says:

I wanted to share that I had the most amazing dream after listening to your podcast the other night. The dream was radically real and intense; it has taken me a few days to even try to articulate it. I wanted to say thank you for making this podcast/video because it greatly has given me so much to feel into. I listen to most all of your content and I am working to continue my transcendence into a state of awareness that brings joy into every moment. I am grateful for all the energy and time that you put into your work and I will continue tenaciously to dive into my self reflection, become increasingly aware and experiencing this human existence.

Cool, thanks.