I lot of my issues seems to come from family

The Redeemer
By The Redeemer in Mental Health, Serious Emotional Issues,
So a little bit about me..... I come from a very conservative home. I grew up in a very stage blue environment where I went to a private Christian school and had to follow rigid rules/dress code. I wasn't allowed to express myself as an individual the way I wanted to growing up. This caused me feelings of anger and resentment, which I still have to this day. I hated not being able to express myself. I was a very creative person deep down, but all of it got squashed down by the rigid dogma my school and family taught me.  My dad didn't encourage critical thinking at all. In fact, he hated when I would question anything. He just wanted me to follow the rules without questioning anything.  I'm not sure where I am going with this, but needless to say. I don't know how I am supposed to heal from this. I don't know how to express myself in the way I am authentically am supposed to. I don't think I cultivated an identity because I was never allowed to It is like I am still stuck being a teenager discovering who they are, but I am 26 years old. Its Quite sad.
  • 2 replies