I don't know anything

Someone here
By Someone here in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Leo has an amazing video on Not-Knowing. Please go watch it if you haven't already.  My claim Is simple... I don't actually know anything. I have no idea at all what anything is.  That doesn't mean I can't brush my teeth or I don't know how to tie my shoes. I'm speaking about an advanced thing. Nothing is wrong with relative knowledge. But in truth. You don't have a clue what anything is.  I feel like a broken record for saying it, for some of you that's nonsense I've come to expect from this forum. Unfortunately, the vast majority of members here don't want to hear the raw fucking Truth. and not a single one of them can offer any compelling reason to believe in their ideas.  Recently I've been constantly contemplating the question of death.. What happenes when we fucking die?  no one knows the answer, and anyone who says otherwise is lying whether they realize it or not. Maybe this world is a simulation the way Bostrom suggests. Maybe it's an elaborate illusion conjured up by the mind like Shankara thought. Maybe it's just matter like Dennett describes.  The point is that no one knows. If you are looking to explain away reality then you are looking to demystify the mystery, but it’s always there, you are always there and you are always a mystery. The answer you look for is to have no answer and that is why you don’t find it, this doesn’t satisfy you, you’re always thinking there must be more, something you’re not getting, but you’re here, what is there to get? When reality asks why it exists this begins the apparent disassembly of itself, it divides itself, because it feels it is not enough, but all those divisions are it, what new answer can it expect to find? To ask “why” is to believe that what “IS” is not enough to satisfy you, there must be “reason”, but reason is boundless for what is the very reason of reason? Reason is there for its own sake, there’s no reason underlying reason, every reason reached you can ask “why”... Every single one, and you’re free to ask why for eternity but you’re chasing your own tail. Reason itself is circular reasoning, the most perfect reasoning, it is because it is, you can subdivide reason and create a whole universe but it’s an illusion, the only reason is just that it just is.
  • 24 replies