Reply to Weird jaw tension/cramping during meditation

flowboy
By flowboy,
Thanks for sharing more context, I now have more insight on your challenging and complex condition. What I think is this: the chronic fatigue and the anxieties and insecurities could be two legs of the same tree (rooted in trauma). That's not for me to say, but it's an assumption that you could make. If you make that assumption, then there's a path that opens up to verify that hypothesis and also improve both things. Here's a distinction: There's shadow work that purely works with the unhelpful thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, and feelings and either helps you let them go or turn them into better ones. You've found one that works for you, EFT, and there's many more.
This works, but only on that layer (thoughts, beliefs, emotions about the present) There's also modalities that work on a deeper layer. Those have the potential to also rewire psychosomatic problems (the physical side effects of trauma)
An example is the decrease in brain fog, fatigue and ADHD-related body tension that I've experienced, and also the countless examples I've read about of people regaining their physical energy and getting rid of unexplained pain. If you would want more of the second type, and not only benefit mentally but also physically, then a tweak would be needed. You're already finding some past memories that have repressed pain attached to them. Instead of letting them go, you could try to intensify them and put yourself back into that scenario, whatever it is. - See what you saw, all details you can remember - Feel what you felt. If you don't know, ask yourself: what could I have been feeling? - Express what you couldn't express. Out loud. Say what you couldn't say, ask what you couldn't ask back then. This will lead to remembering more pain and feeling more of it. In the past context, not the present. Very important. And first person, no "inner child" third person stuff. The more of that past pain you spend time feeling, the more you drain it. Forever. A couple of sessions can already have profound results in physical energy and otherwise. That's how you eventually end up at younger and younger stuff, birth memories. But you don't have to go that far even. People who spend time draining off their most important childhood pains, tend to experience a 70% permanent improvement in neurotic symptoms, this includes psychosomatic symptoms. This is based on data from Imprints, so people under professional guidance, but I do it on myself and it's working for me.