Reminder Of Why You're Here

Leo Gura
By Leo Gura in Personal Development -- [Main],
I feel that people here need a reminder of what this place is about. This forum is not like other social spaces on the internet where the function is to rant and rave about whatever stuff surfaces to your reptilian brain. The function of this place is your development, maturation, and evolution to higher consciousness and selflessness. So this place has a bias by default. It is not just willy-nilly post-whatever-you-feel-like-because-this-is-internet,-land-of-infinite-freedom. This requires intention. This requires caring about truth. This requires observing the reactive habits of your ego-mind, which include: rationalization, projection, denial, confirmation bias, emotionality, gaslighting, blaming, judging, moral posturing, etc. This is not a place to vent or promote ideology. It is not a place to attack others. It is not a place to waste time as you avoid doing work on yourself. I see many here posting in ways as though you never even studied any of my work and you are not interested in becoming more aware of your self-deceptions and egoic reactions. It's time to cut the monkey games and behave in ways that align with what is talked about in the videos. I am not perfect at this, I work on this too every day. I don't need you to be perfect about it, but I need to see you trying. This forum is a place for going meta. It's a place to scrutinize yourself and find ways to make yourself better, not to nitpick others or engage in debate. It is not about the content of what you post but the structure of your mind and why you think the way you think and do the things you do. It's about deconstructing yourself. Think long and hard about whether you are on board with this mission. If not, then this place is not for you. Go elsewhere online where you can be free to act out your ego and battle other egos. That's not what we do here. Going forward I will be keeping an eye out for this, looking to see if each of you is here to do the work, or just to vent ego. Those venting ego will eventually be kicked out. Every time before you post, as you write your post, I want you to stop and ask yourself, "How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways?", and "Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness?" In a nutshell, I want to see people doing more self-reflection and being more conscious of their behavior at the meta level. Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being? Basically, I want more Tier 2 discussions rather than Tier 1 discussions. So make sure you study that difference and strive to discuss topics in a Tier 2 fashion. Tier 2 requires you to be more aware of your biases and less self-absorbed in your personal emotional baggage and survival agenda. Notice how most of the stuff you post is just a cry from your survival agenda, nothing more. Like a baby crying for candy and throwing a tantrum or using tricks to manipulate others. You are still allowed to have fun here, but don't get carried away with petty human nonsense. Watch your own tricks like hawk. No one else can do this for you. This is your job. This is how you grow. It's not about me policing you, it's about you learning to police yourself because that's what conscious beings do because they respect life. Cheers!
  • 36 replies