I left Russia, need some advice

Porphyry Fedotov
By Porphyry Fedotov in Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship, Finance,
So here is a brief outline of my situation. I used to live in Russia and when the partial mobilization started I moved to Kazakhstan with thousands of my compatriots. I didn't even have an international passport because it was such a rush decision. Thankfully I have a remote job - I'm a tpp precheck manager, in a nutshell I'm confirming reservations, solving cases when hotels doesn't see bookings, dealing with the hotels, agencies, writing e-mails and such. It is kind of okayish wagewise for Russia cuz when your rent is only $160 a month $500 doesn't seem that bleak. However here things are more complicated, like for example since I don't have an international passport I can't even open an account in local banks. And since Russian banks are cut from swift it isn't easy to transfer your money and convert them into local currency. My sister opened an account for me but it's a such pain in the ass to transfer you money from one bank to another. I applied for an international passport in a Russian embassy, but it's gonna take like 3 months.  Another thing is that I can only stay here for 90 days, so soon I will either have to do a visa run to a different country or to buy a fake job contract to get a working visa here. I would appreciate any advice. To be honest I'm not planning on staying here for too long. I'd love to move to Argentina, like it's extremely friendly for migrants, you can easy get a citizenship and Argentinian passport is pretty powerful one. From doing my research online I figured out that you can live in Argentina even on $ 500 a month (in cities like Mar del Plata for instance), another option is Balkan countries (Montenegro specifically). So I'm looking for other ways to earn money online. My working schedule is 2/2 from 9 till 21, I have two days off for either working a potential second job and learning new skills. I already have at least one skill - my English, which I'm using for my job. I'd like to find a job in some entry-levell IT related sphere, like what skills do I have to master? I know that figma is pretty promising thing in this department. Is that so? What skills one can master in a month or two and start making money straight away?  
  • 6 replies