Reply to ChatGPT

Yarco
By Yarco,
You guys calling this a glorified Google search are missing the point and vastly underestimating what this thing is capable of. It's like if you saw the world's first motor or internal combustion engine, and called it a glorified crank turner. It's a motherfucking oracle. Or more accurately, it's like a crystal ball that turns you into an oracle and also gives you access to infinite creativity. You guys just don't know how to properly interface with it yet. I've been pretty pessimistic on writing AI to date. I've tried Jasper.ai, Shortly AI, NovelAI, aiDungeon, and a bunch of others and was disappointed. My opinion was that writing AI was still years off from taking jobs. But this thing is on a whole other level. Yesterday I used it to generate a 24 chapter outline for a novel, and then proceeded to write the first 11,000 words of the novel with it in 3 - 4 hours. And I'm still brand new to it and having to do a bunch of trial and error. I've yet to use it in my professional writing assignments, gonna try it out on some this week. But I suspect it's going to write what usually takes me 2 - 3 hours in 15 - 20 minutes. It's not perfect yet, you can't just give it a prompt and have it write an entire book. But it's way way way way better than anything else. And I think it will reach that "Press any button to write a book" level of simple in about a year. I just canceled my $25/month NovelAI subscription for this free product. And even when ChatGPT is not free any more, it looks like it's going to cost about $1.33 to write a 50,000 word novel. This one is the real deal. This is the future. I'm confident that even in its current state, this thing is going to put me out of a job in about 6 months. That's terrifying and also an incredible opportunity. The content/SEO agency I currently do most of my writing for has DOZENS of writers. I'm pretty sure that even with the current tech they'll be able to train a handful of the best writers to write with AI and fire the rest (probably 75%), and expect 10x the productivity out of those that are left. So in the meantime I'm going to try to see if I can write a full novel per week with AI, or close to it, and prepare to transition over to making six-figures from that for a bit instead when I inevitably get laid off and replaced with AI. At least until the market gets completely flooded with AI books. Almost everything you read is going to be written by an AI in 6 to 12 months. I guarantee it. It's not just writing and art either. I saw a pretty impressive accounting AI not too long ago. That one's gonna replace all data entry or bookkeeping type accountants in 6 to 12 months too. Your brain can't fathom how quickly things are going to evolve from here, and most people are still in denial about it. We are at the inflection point and AI is about to start improving and taking over exponentially. This AI is like a loom that I'm about to sit down at and weave infinite creativity out of.