Reply to No Nut November

Osaid
By Osaid,
If this is true, you probably have some form of POIS or some other related ailment. Normally you should feel fine after doing it. Random question, but do you feel like the negative effects of masturbation become more tolerable when you abstain more? If you compared masturbating everyday to masturbating after a week of abstinence, would it feel different or the same? Or is it equally bad? Here are some Actualized.org threads on POIS: What I find really interesting is that the OP in the second thread proposes a similar solution to the one @LSD-Rumi gave: It seems that different approaches to masturbation can lead to alleviated symptoms.  In my own experience, I've noticed that some forms of masturbation tend to maintain much more sexual energy, to the point where you can easily go for multiple rounds and have multiple orgasms. It does seem to impact sexual energy differently, and it can feel different too. Yes. You have an entire organ attached to you that is dedicated to sex, and many different physiological and psychological complexes dedicated to maintaining your sexuality. You're really pushing the envelope by trying to shut away these faculties of your body. This doesn't mean it's not natural. It just means there was a time period where you didn't have the urge to release sexual energy. Which is still natural. It's called prepubescence. Most people experience this as well. Even if you don't masturbate, it'll come out in a wet dream sooner or later. Notice that once you start abstaining, you also start having wet dreams. There is a benefit. But there's an even greater benefit in pushing yourself without thinking you're a loser. You need to find a deeper and more inspiring goal than just "not being a loser". Negative motivation is just unnecessary, and ultimately delusional. You have to be careful with this stuff. Accepting that you're a loser is the same as accepting falsehood. It's a house of cards. It's unsustainable, because it's untrue. It also carries mental karma with it. So now, your world is gonna be filtered through this perception of "loser vs winner", even after you accomplish your goals. There are other complications that come with it as well, because it's based on falsehood, so there's all these strings and false perspectives attached with it that you have to deal with later on. You can make whatever standards you want. The delusion begins when you create a self-image out of those standards. This is just about accurately perceiving things, nothing else. Standards are just that, standards. The problem starts when you replace the word "standards" with "loser", which has unnecessary baggage in the form of self-negativity and self-deprecation. A "loser" is just someone who doesn't fit a certain set of standards that someone made up, similar to "pathetic". If you want to completely break the façade of these words, simply ask: "How am I a loser?" or "How am I pathetic?", then you're forced to convey the standards that you are projecting. These negative words function by lacking nuance, so when you bring out nuance, it suddenly becomes more objective and non-negative. For example: "How am I a loser?" "Because I ended up smoking weed yesterday even though I was trying to abstain from it"  <<<< These are the standards being broken. There's no negativity. It's just describing an action. "Loser" <<<< This is the negative self-deprecating character you conjured up and decided to identify with because of the standards shown above. Positive motivation. Get inspired by the end result of what you're working towards. Get inspired by everything you gain from making the decision to pursue hardship. Remember, you can quit at anytime, but you don't. This is a decision you made out of love for yourself. Out of love for your future self. Out of love for the best version of yourself. Thank yourself for it, because even though it's hard and scary and confusing, you do it anyways, because you want the best for yourself.