In the age we live in, is it possible to maintain a high state of consciousness ?

Javfly33
By Javfly33 in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
...or are we doom to have "sparkles" of God/Love here and there? Lately I´ve been clearing a lot my diet and my daily habits, and oh boy the intensity and sensibility to meditation is definitely getting some juicy results. But I can't lie to myself, I still find hard to maintain a high state of consciousness once I'm done with the practice.  Of course the fact that we can enter high states of consciousness just by our own, just clearing a lot of our diet, lifestyles and work-balance, its already quite good news. But I want the cake all day, not just 10 minutes a day. What can we do? How much awakeness can you hold in modern societies?  My theory is the more you settle your source of income, burn physical desires (like relationships, sex, dumb objects like cars...etc), the more you'll have a clear mind and the more ability you'll have to bask longer and longer in non-dual state of consciousness.
  • 85 replies