When I was younger I used to do this but when you get older you don't have the time

Razard86
By Razard86 in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
When I was younger I used to get in deep logical debates and argue and provide proof etc. to prove my position or frame of thinking/perspective/opinion as superior. Maybe I'm surrounded by a lot of younger people because its like I'm talking to my younger self on this forums. So many people on this forum when they reply to you they write a book....a literal book. You really do not need to write a book as a reply.  For your normal posts when you are sharing something write as much as you want. But you do not need to write a book to reply to someone. Do you know how much time someone has to spend trying to interpret what you are saying and the significance and interconnectedness of each point? The purpose of writing is to be understood. You don't want it to be an ordeal for the person you are communicating with to understand you. Of course YOU know the meaning of what you are typing its in your head, but you need to be short and simple and offer to go in depth if the person needs clarification. I have had this issue in the past where I used to believe I had to explain every last detail and learned over time people don't need that or most times even want that. I still do this when I talk but thankfully I have cleaned it up my writing.  So let's recap, if you want to post a long post to share something go for it. But when you converse with people on the forums and engage in discussion keep your replies short and simple and offer to go in depth if they are open to it. Now this isn't me trying to control anyone you can do as you please, its just friendly advice. I've outgrown debates, I already burned through that karma I'll say a couple of responses then I'm bailing I'm not sticking around to write walls of texts and pontificate on the many perspectival meanings of nothingness. Once you realize everything is you, and everything is nothing....why spend hours in debate? Speak your perspective, give a couple responses and keep it moving I say but to each his own. We are all going to disagree with each other for various reasons, and trigger each other at times (which is a good thing actually as it is a chance to see where some hidden resistance is) so buckle up as this forum is not for the faint of heart. All I ask is consider the receiver of your communication when you choose to respond.... if they want you to write a book...they'll order one lol.
  • 21 replies