Fixing an Emo girl,childhood trauma, daddy issues,relationships for troubled people

Tyler Robinson
By Tyler Robinson in Dating, Sexuality, Relationships, Family,
Fixing an Emo girl, traumatic childhood, daddy issues, relationships for troubled people  (to clear things up a bit for starters, I didn't have daddy issues but I had trauma issues).  I always looked for a caring father  figure in my relationships and I did act like a clingy needy girlfriend. But I don't see a problem with it unless it gets overbearing.  What's the big deal if a guy acted like a father figure to me? I don't see the harm. I don't see the harm in him trying to fix me. If we're mutually sharing and caring for each other.  The general conjecture from the tone of the forum is pretty much negative towards anyone who is dysfunctional, disordered, with Emo and trauma issues. I get that you guys come a pd(personal development) perspective so you're gonna be a bit hardcore (your time is precious and all that).  But why is helping others such a bad deal?  It would be incredibly judgemental in my perspective to simply discard a person or reject them because they have a history of trauma and not consider them fit for a relationship.  Enlighten me here. I'm not talking about putting up with abuse, that's out of question and goes without saying.  Yet, do you really believe that dysfunctional people don't deserve a chance at relationships?  You could find a troubled man/woman and be their therapist, help them sort themselves out, be Empathetic(without tolerating abuse), accompany them to their therapy sessions, give them your love, babysit them, fix their life, help them find a new life and then happily grow with them. Why is this looked down upon?  I understand that relationships should involve giving and receiving, sharing and mutual development.  @Nilsi not trying to put you on the spot here (you could even tell me to remove this if you want), but your comment sort of motivated me to post this thread. I understand your perspective involves having a healthy relationship and not wasting time. As you stated in this comment.  @Nilsi   We can have a broader discussion on this matter.  This rhetoric is similar to "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" or "we don't want to accommodate disabled people because they don't serve our best interests or purpose."  Although this attitude absolves you from serving the needs of the disadvantaged and the troubled, it is incredibly myopic because it almost becomes discriminatory towards dysfunctional people, bordering on treating them as outcasts and undeserving of love.  I could easily see a problem with a person who doesn't want to help themselves, in such a case it's a waste of time trying so hard to fix them.  But what's so wrong about someone who is willing to grow with you. Someone who wants to make it work. Why would you want to discard people simply because they have mental disorders or trauma. Maybe they're immature and needy in your eyes. Troubled, Emo, dysfunctional, disordered in your eyes. But you could guide them, work with them as though you're working on a project, support them and wait for them to heal and have a wonderful relationship with them. No?  Wouldn't you be happier to know that you brought a positive impact in someone's life, you fixed them and they had a chance to grow with you.  Why is trying to fix an Emo girl/boy looked down upon? Unhealthy people also deserve a chance. Have mercy.  Your arguments are welcome.   
  • 40 replies