Cured my Post Orgasm Illness Syndrome. No longer need to do semen retention.

tezk
By tezk in Dating, Sexuality, Relationships, Family,
Hey guys, I feel like posting this to share some insight and understanding into the whole "semen retention" and "nofap" discussion/debate. I've been a big advocator of semen retention specifically because of how drained and severely depleted I was after ejaculation. Anxiety, fatigue, irritability, brainfog for 2-3 days following ejaculation. Started when I was about 17. There is no difference between sex or masturbation, as long as I ejaculated I experience severe symptoms. It took me a while personally to make the connection between my severe symptoms and ejaculation. Then it took even longer to actually understand it as a diagnosable condition, and not some divine phenomena that eastern mysticism and philosophy were speaking of i.e., taoist talk a lot about the benefits of semen retention and preserving life force energy/chi, etc. I believe that a lot of people in the semen retention and nofap communities actually have undiagnosed post orgasm illness syndrome (POIS) to varying degrees.  Technically I have not cured it from the root, but my solution does remove 99% symptoms. I can ejaculate however much I want and within 2 hours or so I feel completely normal. The solution that works for me: fenugreek, raw minced garlic - let it sit for 10 minutes before swallowing, a specific B-complex and gluten-free diet. I take the fenugreek and garlic before and after ejaculating, and the B-complex afterwards. You can read more in depth of my solution and journal here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg42080#msg42080

I still believe there are useful benefits to semen retention and nofap. Most notably dopamine detox/austerity practice, and insane levels of energy. I will certainly still be using these as tools generally speaking. The difference is that I can now consciously choose, rather than be forced to do it out of fear.

You might have POIS if you feel severely depleted after ejaculation (or any other negative symptoms for that matter). You can test and trial the different solutions that have worked for different people here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0
  • 57 replies