Reply to I Want To Meditate More Than My Routine

ajasatya
By ajasatya,
dear @barry, i'm going to resume 2 important points that were already said by @Evilwave Heddy and @Guivs . you can practice meditation anytime, even when you're not sitting. cleaning the floor, drinking tea, washing dishes, brushing teeth, walking. be present and simply do what you're doing without thinking about something else. watch your body sensations and do everything mindfully. be presence itself. this is the way of zen. there's no place for self-inflicted suffering if you train with your heart like this. consistency is more important than plenty time sitting in meditation in one go. there's nothing wrong about increasing the time of your sitting meditation practice. but make sure that you do it everyday and expand your practice throughout the day in other activities as i already said. when your life becomes a giant meditation practice, no matter what you're doing, that's enlightenment. freedom and presence at any state. complete liberation. don't think of us as advanced meditators. the proper mental attitude comes from the eternal beginner. there's nothing to carry.