Ending Animal Slaughter

jimwell
By jimwell in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events,
Click on 'CC' to enable English subtitles.  Humans need to do better than this. I acknowledge that this horror is God's will, otherwise it wouldn't have existed. And it is the best possible thing which can exist as of now. I don't have scientific evidence to support this claim. But I have my intuition, logic, and "awakening", which is that God is always in control of all things. God has the most superior intelligence, so it is sure that whatever exists, is the best and how it should be.  But I can't ignore my limited, human perspective. I also need to acknowledge that slaughtering animals for survival is cruel and evil. "Evil is only in your head.", "Evil is relative.", "Evil, only because you are selfish and want to survive.", and all other "higher, spiritual phrases or insights" are empty to me. In the end, murdering animals for whatever reason is unacceptable and we need to do something about it.    When I looked into the eye of that beautiful, black bear at 3:57 of the video, I cried! I saw beauty and intelligence, which was about to be destroyed and slaughtered. I also felt overwhelming compassion. And what really made the tears fall down my face, is that I am just as guilty as the bear farmers (butchers). I don't kill black bears. But I eat chicken, pigs, and cows. That automatically makes me an animal murderer. I would literally murder those animals if there were no butchers doing it on my behalf. Thankfully, there seems to be a good solution. Click on the link below to watch the video. Japan’s first lab-grown real beef (petri dish protein) I haven't contemplated just how much of a game-changer that can be because I don't have time to do so. I'm still too busy doing survival shit. I'm just squeezing this post in because it is very important. As of now, my gut feeling says that the petri dish protein is the way to go. And I hope that it really is. 
  • 21 replies