Flu like symptoms after light workout

Superfluo
By Superfluo in Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Supplements,
Hi! Due to Covid pandemic, stress, health problems and work to do, in the last 1-2 years I've not worked out consistently, while before I worked out properly. Recently I wanted to stop this situation and I started working out at home: about a month ago I started my first workout sessions, with 10 minutes of cardio (running on threadmill) and some bodyweight exercises. I exercised for 4 days consecutively, along with doing some heavy bioenergetics exercises (for those who don't know, bioenergetics exercises are exercises that make deep muscular tension come to the surface, it's a practice of emotional healing and trauma integration). The fifth day I got sick: fever, cold, sore throat (sore throat is also a side effect of bioenergetics exercises if you do exercises for the neck area). I also resulted positive to covid. So I rested 2 weeks. However I sensed that those symptoms could also have been due to the stress that exercise put on me. So I decided to restart working out more slowly. About a week ago I started with 10 minutes of light cardio, running on a threadmill, and I planned to do a month or two doing only that daily, maybe slowly increasing the speed. However yesterday, after 4 days of training I got sick again, but the symptoms were less intense. I tested for covid and the results were negative. So, what is happening? I've never experienced being sick after training so little. I mentioned that in the last years I had health problems. However I recently did a complete bloodtest and everything was fine. Checked thyroid, hormones, B9, B12, D3, iron, and other stuff. I also supplement with D3, B12 and other B vitamins daily. However it might be adrenal fatigue, because since September 2021, after a very stressful and long period, I've been having energy crashes after lunch. Does anybody have some insight on this? Should I rest more, and wait before starting working out again? However the more I wait, the worse my health is going to be. Thanks!
  • 6 replies