Trouble Tracking Mindfulness Progress?

eskwire
By eskwire,
Are you interested in Mindfulness?   Have you been trying different Mindfulness techniques (including meditation), but you're not sure if you are making progress?   Are you pretty sure you're making progress, but you're not sure what your sticking points are?  Where you're not really changing in the practice? Long story short... During research for my degree, I found the Kentucky Inventory of Mindfulness Skills. This is a questionnaire that helps you see where you're at.  Attached, you will find a copy of it. If you look at it, you'll see that scoring is kind of a pain in the ass because you have to "reverse" a lot of the scores. I made an Excel spreadsheet that does all of this questionnaire scoring work for you!   It will also track your % change over time. Mindfulness Tracking Questionnaire.xlsx You don't need to look at the original questionnaire, you can just use the Excel file.  The spreadsheet has 4 different sheets so you can assess yourself 4 times (maybe quarterly over the course of a year!). It also has a Totals sheet at the end to look at % change. You can use the filters at the tops of the columns to look only at certain types of questions, if you want.  I am going to set up a reminder in my calendar to re-take the assessment 4 times over the course of a year.  I will also note observations made after the assessment -- like, after taking the assessment once, I noticed, WHOA, I'm often OFTEN judgmental and didn't even really consider that part of mindfulness (for some reason).  This is not only helpful for tracking your progress, but it is also helpful for remembering all the different parts of life mindfulness encapsulates.  Hope it helps someone! KIMS.pdf