What qualities would be required to be a leader of a nation?

Johnny Galt
By Johnny Galt in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events,
In the world of today, what qualities would be required to be a, president or a prime minister, of your own country? (I'm Canadian). I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this If you were to pick just one to three qualities, what would they be, and make your case for them. My intent with this, is not to argue, but rather to see how many new useful perspectives we could bring together into a circle. Lets call it the circle game. This is phase one.  I'll go first One quality that I would expect in a PM for Canada, would be that they have a vision. With this I am referring to two points:  (1) clarity, clear vision (2) foresight Considering the state of Canada, amongst many qualities, in order to lead us forward, they would have to have a good vision With the (2), consider that one would be working to get bills passed and with that comes long term implications. With that comes impacts that ripple into the future and far beyond ones place in power, and so a clear vision, AND with a vision for the future, this would be needed.   Edit: In consideration of a few comments, I'll suggest this to make things interesting... and so maybe the idea of having a system where one who leads the whole, a whole country, maybe this is a ridiculous system?   How about, instead of a Prime Minister or a President, we have a Facilitator? facilitating between (1) wise circlres (nationally/internationally) AND (2) individuals with the skillset and knowledge, and pulled from all parties, and (3) the people; all in all, we'll call it the, Monad Party.  
  • 5 replies