Weighlifting // Workout Journal

soos_mite_ah
By soos_mite_ah in Self-Actualization Journals,
So I recently started working out again. I wrote about this in my main journal:  I'm making this journal mainly so that I can keep myself in the consistent habit of going to the gym and so that I can keep track of my progress. I don't really have an agenda in mind when I'm going to the gym. I just do whatever exercises that seem fun. No fitness goals just fun vibes lol.  Also side note, if anyone who knows what they are doing wants to chime in, go ahead because I have no idea what I'm doing.  Anyways, here is where I'm at so far:  Horizontal Leg Press: 220lbs  6 sets of 15 reps  Leg Extentions: 100lbs for both legs, 50lbs for one leg  6 sets of 8 reps Squats: 75lbs (I do find this relatively easy but I want to be extra careful with exercises with the bar and I want to focus on form)  4 sets of 15 reps Standing Calf raises: 110lbs 4 sets of 15 reps Dumbell Curls and Dumbell Chest Press:  17.5-20lbs on each arm (still feeling this out and figuring out what I should start off with), 35-40lbs total 3 sets of 20 reps for each exercise  Dumbell Fly: 7.5lbs on each arm, 15 lbs total 3 sets of 10 reps I'm choosing not to do cardio because I genuinely don't enjoy it and it fills me up with dread to where I don't even want to go to the gym. Who knows, maybe I'll warm up to the idea one day to challenge myself. And speaking of warm ups and cool downs, the only warm up and cool downs that I really do is walking and some basic stretches. My main goal wiht all of this is to build up the habit of working out and associating this with something that is enjoyable to me instead of something that I'm doing because I'm not happy with myself. I'm also doing this because I want to build a better relationship with my body. I know just in general that lifting weights and getting good at what I know I can do is feels empowering. 
  • 12 replies