What happens after death?

Illusory Self
By Illusory Self in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
I am curious as to what happens when you die, after you become infinite love and oneness. Here are some interesting questions that I have been pondering. Is reincarnation true? if so how long does it take after being in universal oneness without any form before you take a form?  What determines how long you are in universal oneness without any form before being assigned a form identity? I remember at a buddhist event I attended, it was said that if you do bad karma in this lifetime, your chances of becoming a human in your next lifetime are slimmer. Is that true? What determines if/when you do reincarnate, what form you will take?  Is it possible to be born into a human form with an extreme high level/ god-like consciousness, remembering past lifetimes? How rare is it be assigned a human identity form after you die and merge into infinite oneness? How long does the process take? If you get enlightened/high level of consciousness in this lifetime, will you naturally have a higher level of consciousness in your next lifetime? Is that why some people are born more spiritually gifted than others?
  • 25 replies