Let's Get Practical #4: Healing The Traumatized Kid

Raphael
By Raphael in Self-Actualization Journals,
Emerald, Trauma Explained - How Trauma Works in the Body, Sep 17, 2018 It's time to dive deep into myself and heal my childhood traumas and young adult traumas. I'm already practicing forgiveness, breathwork and I have some calls here and there with Nahm. I'm adding journaling here as another healing method on this journey. Most of the traumas that I have are low to moderate traumas, I have very few intense traumatic episodes. Many of them are what I consider psychological abuse. So... I wasn't tortured, I wasn't raped, I wasn't repeatedly beaten by my parents (even if it happened a few times and I'll share about it). I actually feel a bit of shame for not having such huge traumas and sharing an incredibly dramatic story where I would fix myself, but this is how it is. I think that in ~ 2 years, I will be able heal most of my childhood traumas. I'm not sure about how comfortable I will be here because I'm usually quite reserved. It is possible that I'll journal about the most uncomfortable things in private or talk about it with Nahm. Objectives Exploring my shadows Understanding myself Becoming more authentic Reducing bitterness Reducing fear, anxiety, sadness, etc. Improving positivity Improving happiness Improving mental clarity Improving emotional mastery Improving my functionality in life Deepening the connection with the feminine Solidifying Green values (love, empathy, compassion, showing vulnerabilities, etc.) I will use this document to have more formatting options and model connections between my psychology and my experiences. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E-vT1JqTxMAdvVkcBxsOiXhNpgzt5LqWJ5Vwpz50H58/edit#gid=0 This journal will be ongoing as long as necessary.
  • 39 replies