Tell Us How You Got Into Personal Development

Leo Gura
By Leo Gura,
Share your story, how you discovered personal dev, and what struggles you've overcome. Here's an example from me: Name: Leo Gura
Marital Status: Dating
Kids: No
Hobbies: enlightenment, meditation, personal development, reading, learning, nature, healthy eating I got into personal development in 2007 when I started my first online marketing business in Boston and then Dallas, Texas. From there I started reading more and more self-help books until somehow I stumbled upon the pickup community -- a community of guys who learn how to get better at attracting women. I sucked with women and dating a lot back then so I hit it really hard and spent the next two years immersing myself in mastering the art of dating. In doing so I delved even deeper into developing myself. During that time I discovered life coaching and became certified as a coach. Then I launched Actualized.org, which was intended to be a personal development blog. Then I started making more and more videos until the thing ballooned into what it is today. Personal challenges I've overcome: Was fat my whole life until age 21 Absolutely sucked at attracting women Used to be very shy, introverted, and socially awkward Started my own business and became financially independent Cleaned up my diet A LOT, now eating mostly vegetarian Learned weightlifting Changed careers and finally found my life purpose Started my dream business: Actualized.org What I'm working on now: Working on enlightenment Working on improving my health & diet Working on being more authentic in relating to others Working on growing and deepening Actualized.org