Let's Get Practical #3: Raising Self-Esteem

Raphael
By Raphael in Self-Actualization Journals,
Nathaniel Branden, The Sixth Pillars of Self-Esteem   I recently finished reading The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem for the second time. The first time that I read it (~2 years ago), I was too emotionally unstable to do anything with the knowledge and do the exercises properly. However, I grew a lot since then and I now feel mature enough to use the material properly. About My Self-Esteem Issues While growing up as a kid, then as a teenager, and now as a young adult, I suffered pretty huge self-esteem issues that impacted the quality of my life. Some of these issues included: A lot of depression Extreme shyness Inability to make friends / make social connections Discomfort with girls Neglecting my body. I wasn't doing any sport and was very skinny, some people even asked me if I was anorexic Laziness Fewer good results than I was capable of in school (I was a little better than average and sometimes even good, but it was still way below what I was capable of) Very low results in freelancing because I was afraid of charging clients I solved some of these issues in the past, but some of them are still here. I'm still quite shy, still uncomfortable with women, still experience a little of depression from time to time. However, I now look good, I go to the gym regularly, I'm more hardworking, and recently started to have much better results in freelancing. Why Self-Esteem Healthy self-esteem is the foundation for proper functioning in life. So If can raise my self-esteem, I can improve everything: Relationships Communication Health Work ethic Business results Awareness Happiness And much more. Why Will I Do At the end of The Sixth Pillars of Self-Esteem, there is a program to progressively raise self-esteem. It is a 31 week program, I will do it at least one time, but if I see the necessity to do it more than once, I will do it. If taking other actions are necessary, I will take them. What Inspired Me I got inspired by a user on this forum who did the same thing two years ago:  
  • 235 replies