How to cope with loneliness when relationships are dysfunctional?

Preety_India
By Preety_India in Dating, Sexuality, Relationships, Family,
My family relationships are kinda dysfunctional. I don't wish to go into the details of that.  Lately I've been feeling extremely lonely and it's really impacting me. I get depressed and moody. Then I fight with my boyfriend and just ignore him.  Deep down I know it's the loneliness that's killing me.  I tried to be strong mentally but the realization that relationships are fickle kills me inside.  I always wanted a huge family where people loved each other but I never had that.  I feel a sense of disconnection with my family. They rarely call me.  They call me only if finances have to be discussed or some work that needs to be done..  I feel lost or abandoned or emotionally distant from everyone around me..  I just finished a call with my relatives and I told them how they ignore me.  And they told me that they would be out for a trip and hung up.  I felt very despondent after that. Like nobody wanted to even ask me how I was.  It sucks that humanity is so selfish and nobody gives a damn about another unless they need the person for some reason.  This has been weighing heavily on my mind. It feels like I'm swimming alone in a vast sea.  How do you cope with being alone and lonely ? To be honest it feels awful.  And chatting and talking to people online satisfies the hunger for connection, but it's temporary.  I wish I had a heart to heart family member but I know it will never happen. What are some suggestions to deal with this sinking feeling and loss of connection?   
  • 10 replies