How to Create a Sense of Stability

soos_mite_ah
By soos_mite_ah in Personal Development -- [Main],
For a long time I held on to this notion of "being smart" as a part of my ego because it gave me a sense of stability growing up. Now as I am trying to dissolve the ego, I'm seeing how problematic it is. As a result, I feel like I'm in a very unstable place mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I'm looking to find better forms of stability by cultivating conscious discipline by building consistent habits and by not wearing myself out too much by brow beating myself or being too harsh (because that's typically when discipline itself becomes undisciplined which turns you away from discipline as a whole, thus being counter productive). I guess now I'm looking for stability in discipline rather than ego and that discipline is going to be centered around gentleness, consistency, and intentionality.  I want to know yalls thoughts. Is this a more constructive way of creating a sense of stability? How have yall cultivated stability in yalls lives? I'm trying to figure out whether I'm approaching this correctly, if there is anything I'm missing because my ego is blinding me in someway, or if there is anything else that I can look into? 
  • 32 replies