Stage Orange Nihilism

Parththakkar12
By Parththakkar12 in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events,
I've noticed this interesting phenomenon that happens with Stage Orange materialists - they tend to be nihilistic. There's this big trend where people generally have this 'Meh' attitude or 'I don't give a fuck' attitude towards everything. It's like nothing motivates them, nothing excites them, they tend to take everything for granted and this plunges them into nihilism where they start to believe that everything is pointless and meaningless. They are in their rational mind, chasing material pleasure and material success. In the later stages of Orange, when hedonism doesn't work because of hedonic adaptation, they start to see that pleasure is meaningless. Then, they start to look for meaning in survival. They'll come up with all sorts of weird stories, like 'Humanity will die in 200 years. We must save humanity from this threat!!!' and look for meaning there. What they don't realize is that there is nothing meaningful about survival. Survival is not an exciting and interesting process, it is a very dumb, brute, mechanical, boring, grindy process. There's nothing interesting, exciting, creative about survival because the ego is an illusion. (which they don't see yet) The issue here is that they think they don't feel any emotions, when this isn't the case. The primary emotion they feel is apathy. There will be some serious monsters under those floorboards. When you see those, then you move up the spiral into Green. Then life starts to become meaningful all of a sudden because you discover that other people exist! Has Leo made a video on this? The 'I don't give a fuck' attitude that's very popular these days deserves a video of it's own.
  • 15 replies