The Catch-22 of getting needs met

Max_V
By Max_V in Dating, Sexuality, Relationships, Family,
At this point I'm working a lot on overcoming the social anxiety I've had for about 10 years now (I'm 20 atm), creating a healthy and authentic self-image, and overall really for the first time in my life being happy with and loving the person that I am.  I'm working at this on my own through my meditation practice, working through the book 'Psychocybernetics' and other material, journalling and questioning my fears and self-image. Next to that I'm also in therapy specifically focused on working through the same issues. Sadly, one of the most important components that I intuit I have to do to overcome my fears, is talking to people, specifically girls, which is very hard right now because of these Covid times. Whenever rules become looser again, and it is safe for all parties involved to socialize, I plan on really diving deep into socializing, dating and relationship. But right now while that still is very limited, I want to work as much as I can on my inner world and understanding of how this all works.  One of the biggest questions that I've pondering for a while, is this issue of getting the needs met that you cannot do so yourself. This problem is a catch-22.  Not being able to meet a need yourself causes neediness for it to be met. Neediness repells people, and so in turn makes them not want to need your meets. And so I am left with this struggle of how to break out of this cycle. Would love to discuss and hear your thoughts on this. 
  • 45 replies