A Problem with Betrayals

Preety_India
By Preety_India in Dating, Sexuality, Relationships, Family,
I have a huge problem with betrayals.  This has been a recurrent theme in my life.  I'm generally a very loyal person. But throughout my life I had to face multiple betrayals from friends, partners and acquaintances.  They would use me for money or other help and after getting all the help, they would completely abandon me. Meanwhile I will be caring towards them and feel very hurt for how I got treated in return.  Well it doesn't matter how much I helped them and I want nothing in return for what I did for them, but what hurts the most is the feeling that I was never wanted or loved. Only used.  I don't help them for getting love but I do help them because I care about them. But when they show absolutely zero care or concern in return, it hurts big time. I feel like an abandoned puppy who always made everyone happy and when the owners were done with me, I was abandoned by the roadside.  I was with a friend of mine for 3 years and I helped them so much, gave them so much emotional support, yet now they have completely forgotten me and don't even care to talk to me.  How to identify and choose trustworthy people and how to deal with Betrayals and untrustworthy people?  Also how can I recover and cope with such experience?   
  • 35 replies