Chew your food properly!

nistake
By nistake in Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Supplements,
Well, this is pretty self-explanatory and yet so many people just stuff their food in a hurry all the time when it comes to eating and they wonder why they have digestion issues (of course you can have digestion issues for some other reasons too but that's beside the point). Personally, I always wondered why I had the typical afternoon crash even after a small meal. It turns out that my body needed much more energy for digestion because I didn't chew my food properly. In retrospect, this does make sense. That's why I started to pay attention to it and it looks like chewing thoroughly solved the issue! I haven't had a crash since then. The only downside is that eating my meals takes like 3x times longer. But hey, where's the rush? Here are some other benefits to it: 1. Absorb More Nutrients and Energy From Your Food 2. Maintain a Healthy Weight 3. Your Food Gets More Exposure to Your Saliva 4. Easier Digestion 5. It’s Good for Your Teeth 6. Less Excess Bacteria Lingering in Your Intestines 7. Enjoy and Taste Your Food And the last thing: you can even practise your mindfulness skills during eating since you need to pay attention to chewing properly.  
  • 7 replies