WHO is the YOU giving advice on this forum?

JayG84
By JayG84 in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
If this reality is an illusion. What is this forum? Who is giving who advice? Am I asking myself questions? Are you my illusion or am I yours? I always get tripped up at the notion that other people don't exist. Other people obviously have their own lives that they're living. What purpose do they serve in my illusion? I know this "Is it all imagininary?" question has probably been ask countless times on this forum, but it is the biggest mindfuck of all consciousness work. I can understand that all of this is like a video game, but I tend to think of it like a multi-player game. Yes, I might be Mario playing the game, not being aware of the pixels (Consciousness) that makes up my reality. But Luigi is also playing his seperate game at the same time. Is this not how reality works? Infinite players in an infinite game made up of infinite consciousness with infinite possibilities?   I keep chasing this "understanding" of it. I catch glimpses of it and I know intuitively that it MUST be an illusion, because if you deconstruct anything far enough, you realize that, fundamentally, everything is just thoughts and perceptions that the ego is creating. But Leo has said that there are levels to this thing, and that even when you think you understand it, it goes even deeper. Even if it is all an illusion, so what? It still FEELS real and your actions have consequences in other peoples lives. I get the "desolve your ego" part, this relieves suffering in peoples lives that they're creating for themselves. But what is the point in going deeper than that. It doesn't leave people at peace with themselves, it just makes them chase an idea of enlightenment for "knowings" sake. When maybe completely knowing it isn't possible for these "meat beings" we are stuck in. Would I be better off to just recognize that this reality is crazy, beautiful, and mysterious. Desolve my ego as much as I can. Except it for what it is, and play it like it's a game? Or is there benefit to "Becoming God" that is beyond just giving your mind closure of trying to understand?
  • 23 replies