A Question to the Awake Folks here

Seeker_of_truth
By Seeker_of_truth in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Since you people claim to have a better perspective of life I'd like you to know your perspective on this: Do you think that time spent doing what you like is better than time spent doing what you don't like. There is a difference between doing something (physically/mentally/emotionally) hard but something you want to do Vs doing something that you don't want to do either because you are forced or because you think you have to do it to get something in the future. For me, if I assume today is the last day of my life, I'd still like to meditate or workout even when my muscles are sore just because I like it and I want to do it. However I would not do something that for example work on my skills for a career I'm not particularly excited about. But if I'm not going to die today, it might be more beneficial for me to do something like working on my skills for my career. For me with the little experience I have the answer seems to be to avoid as much as possible to not do things that I don't want to - because whenever I do something I don't want to in that moment I don't feel alive - I just feel like a slave hoping on some future experience that would compensate for that hard work. I'd rather be poor and feel alive than to be dead to become rich.   But I'd like to know your perspective. Or would you tell that what one desires doesn't matter or something like that? From my POV there is not point in living if I can't fulfill my desires. Thank you.
  • 38 replies