Let's get practical #2: Deep Work & Organization

Raphael
By Raphael in Self-Actualization Journals,
Leo Gura, How To Get Shit Done - The Inner Game Of Being A Results-Maker, Jul 12, 2015   This journal is going to be my productivity journal where I will report everything related to deep work & organization in my life. As building discipline and becoming productive and highly focused is a difficult skill to develop I'm probably going to be journaling for two years in order to successfully build and integrate productivity habits. What Is Work? I qualify work as any task that requires a physical or mental concentration effort greater than mundane tasks. There are different types of work with different intensities: low, medium, or high. Low-intensity work requires small efforts that can be done by most people. High-intensity work pushes someone's physical or cognitive capabilities to their limit, creates new value, improves skills, and is hard to replicate. My Work And Their Intensities Here are the different types of work that I do and their intensities. Everything that's above low can have subsets and include low and medium work intensities. Meditation: High Weight Lifting: Medium/High Wordpress development: Low/Medium Programming: High Reading: Low/Medium My Current Working State I'm really messy, but it could be worse I have difficulties to concentrate and often get caught up in thoughts when I'm working so it makes me stop in between I procrastinate a lot I'm very lazy I have a high amount of random thoughts every day that causes me to be very distracted I have irregular waking up and sleep hours which causes me to be druggy in the morning and demotivate me to work Realistically I only work a few hours per day (1 - 4 hours) because of the above issues My Planned Organization Wake up between 5:30 AM and 6:00 AM Do positive affirmations Go to the gym between 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. I will maybe change my organization and workouts in the future in order to exercise only three times per week Deep work five days per week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for at least 6 hours per day for a total of at least 30 hours/week Read every day except on Sunday for 30 minutes to 1 hour Do positive affirmations Go to sleep between 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM The rest of the time will be dedicated to basic necessities, relaxation, and introspection Note: As I'm a freelancer clients come to me randomly and it sometimes breaks my organization. I will do everything to respect this agenda as much as possible, but I know that inevitably I will have to be flexible at some moments to answer some clients' needs. My Objectives Deep work for at least 30 hours/week Build discipline Build concentration Learn how to rapidly create flow states Clear my mind by concentrating on my work Create a powerful organization system Correctly integrate stage blue and orange healthy values (organization, discipline, hard work, productivity, and concentration) Become a result-maker What I Will Share/Report Here Time of waking up and going to bed every day Total working hours for each deep working day with a little note for each of my work sessions Reading time Action steps that I take to improve my results Organization & Productivity resources Personal insights on organization & productivity I'm, right now, at this moment, and for the rest of my life, taking 100% responsibility to be highly focused and disciplined in my organization and my deep working sessions in order to accomplish and materialize what I really want in life. It's time to generate incredible results.
  • 659 replies