The Good Side of Trump, Duterte, and Stage Red

jimwell
By jimwell in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events,
I have seen Leo and people in this forum often disapprove of Trump and Stage Red. I can see why. But I think you Stage Green and a few Stage Blue people have overlooked the good side. Trump and Duterte shake the status quo, not Biden. Bernie and Stage Green can, but very slowly (can take hundreds or thousands of years on a  global scale). If the status quo is unacceptable, it's worth shaking it up and taking risks. Duterte proclaimed the Pope, bishops, priests as useless and hypocritical.  He told the Filipinos (over 80 % Catholic Christians) bishops and priests prey on altar boys if they are homosexuals and prey on nuns if they are heterosexuals.  That sounds very funny but is also true (at least in many cases). But it's very offensive to very Stage Blue Catholic Christian Filipinos. But the inital shock brought good changes. Now I see more Filipinos questioning their Catholic faith and some even renouncing it, having an existential crisis as a result. What Duterte did is equivalent to Biden saying Fortune 500 corporations and Wall Street people are extremely selfish and seek profit at all cost. They have unfairly acquired much wealth that there's a need for regulations and wealth redistribution. It is also equivalent to Shinzo Abe (Japan's prime minister) saying that Naruhito (the Japanese emperor) has no real authority but the authority given to him by the Japanese people. And he needs to stop receiving "emperor" taxes. This is completely unthinkable. Shinzo Abe would rather commit seppuku than tell the truth. But that's exactly what Duterte did and continues to do and what Trump is capable of. Humans significantly and rapidly change only in a serious crisis. That's what the coronavirus  pandemic has proven. Suddenly, normal people have OCD. They wash their hands and wear masks more than usual. People work at home and go out only when needed. Humans, buildings, and places become automatically cleaner. Landlords lower rent to minimize business profit loss. Senseless sports events and gatherings are cancelled. School terms are shortened. Airlines cancel flights to "highly infected" cities and offer refunds. Governments inject emergency funds to support small businesses and employees. The cooperation as a way to cope is amazing. Now, imagine what World War 3 can do. It will be a great tragedy but I am very open to the possibility that something very beautiful and miraculous can emerge. Trump and Duterte are the type of people who start great wars. That's a few examples of how Stage Red forces Stage Blue and Orange to evolve to Stage Green on a global scale (quickly, in a few years or decades).   
  • 20 replies