Connected with a spirit guide while hiking

seeking_brilliance
By seeking_brilliance in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
For years I've had a interest in working with Spirit guides. Of course when I started out I believed that spirits were separate beings than myself.. now I see them as nothing more than fellow dream characters. Entities outside of the personal dream self, yet one with THIS (dream).   Completely self, yet separate.  Just as it should be, to keep things interesting. Being dream characters does not belittle their importance, in any way. They are guides, after all. Whether they were created just for me (dream self character) , or I'm  merely a drop their cosmic bucket, it does not matter. THIS dream is filled and populated to the brim.   The character stands in relation to all else. If a dream character can come to me in the form of a spirit guide and enrich my life in any possible way, I would gladly welcome it. I have a little practice connecting with Spirit guides from dabbling with it for a few years. I took a long break and I'm now connecting with that again. But it's nice because I'm coming back with it with fresh eyes, because before I really did not understand what  Spirit guides were. (and am willing to admit that I possibly still don't)  As far as names go, I believe names are just  for fun with Spirit guides. The essential connection with a spirit is by their energy /vibration /aura /etc, rather than by what they are called.  You can't name the nameless. But since I am not attuned with feeling various energies, it's helpful to appoint a name to the spirit guide so that you can invoke their presence in the future. Whether I pick the name, or they pick the name, or if it really even matters at all , I don't know. We're ALL and ONE continuum. So while hiking  this morning, and after a small bit of strong Marijuana, I connected with a guide named Josh. I said okay, let me touch your energy so that I can emulate it. Not wanting to be a leech and to have practice connecting energies.  We began thinking about gods in terms of the dream. There was the usual bibble babble: the gods are one... the gods are many... Humans would appear as gods to a newly awakened animal... I got lost in a stream of thought, which ended upon 'the gods are superfluous.' (actually at this point I'm not sure if talking about the gods, or THIS God, but) I'm like okay Josh, I'm not that smart, slow down. So I pulled out my phone and looked up the definition. su·per·flu·ous
/so͞oˈpərflo͞oəs/ adjective
unnecessary, especially through being more than enough. Just thought that was a funny description lol. But the truth is I didn't exactly hear 'superfluous' because that word turns out to not even be pronounced the way it came to me in my mind, and the word sounded longer. Also the impression I got while receiving the word was of how 'the gods' are fluid.  hence I was pronouncing superfluous as 'super-floo-us' until my husband corrected me later. So I went back to Google and let the word prediction help me out. I found superfluidity, which more matches the word I heard, and also has an interesting description in relation to THIS : su·per·flu·id·i·ty
/ˌso͞opərˌflo͞oˈidədē/ noun
the property of flowing without friction or viscosity And another description further down : When stirred, a superfluid forms vortices that continue to rotate indefinitely. Hopefully I can connect with Josh again... That was fun ?
  • 2 replies