How To Stop Being A Victim Part 2 Summary

Juan Cruz Giusto
By Juan Cruz Giusto in Personal Development -- [Main],
How to discover if you are a victim? If you say: -          I can’t -          It’s impossible -          It just won’t work in this situation -          I tried everything I could -          I don’t know how -          Etc. -          Every other circumstance What makes a victim a victim? A victim thinks that the external world is a bigger obstacle to him than he is to himself. You are the only obstacle! Every obstacle is an illusion; it is your mind the real obstacle. You should be worrying about: -          Your mental filters -          Your attitudes -          Your limiting beliefs -          Your judgments -          Unquestioned assumptions about reality -          Introspection -          Visualizations (the images that you run on your mind) -          Your monkey mind -          Your model of reality -          Your emotional reaction -          Beliefs -          What you view as right of wrong and bad an evil -          Habits that you cultivate -          Your self-talk (which words do you use when you talk to yourself) -          Awareness of the ego and its effects That is the stuff you should be really concerned about. The external word is a projection of your internal word and you don’t realize how much external reality is worked by your psychology. How you think about the world is really important and extremely significant. The reality is that there are no real problems in the external world. A problem is a feature of the mind; they are projections of the mind into the external word. There is no problem without the mind; the problem has to be actually created (your mind has to burn calories to create the problem). Until you grasp this concept, the world will appear hostile, unfair and depressing for you. Thought experiment: Consider that the inner world is all that matters and changing things of the outer world will not matter. The projector metaphor… You should not worry so much about the outer world, you should start caring about your mind and realize that it is not helping you live a great life. Your mind frames every situation in life and usually you are not conscious of this mechanism. Your beliefs about reality are very distorted. If you realize the importance of beliefs, you will start to care about: -          Psychology -          Philosophy -          Contemplation -          Meditation -          Mindfulness -          Intuition -          Non Duality -          Wisdom -          Truth These things will be the burning issues in your mind. Exercise 1-      Select one are of your life in which you feel you are a victim 2-      Write all your justification of why you can’t change, for why it’s impossible and for why it’s not your fault 3-      Identify how to problem seems to be like an external problem 4-      Identify how actually the problem is an internal problem 5-      Ask: How am I creating the obstacle? 6-      Ask: What am I avoiding by creating this obstacle? 7-      Ask: What must I believe to be a victim?
  • 9 replies